Monday, September 3, 2007

Top 10 ways you can tell you are lonely for your soldier

Here's my own top 10 list-
You know you are lonely for your soldier when:

1. You experience a strong gravitational pull toward anyone or anything in a uniform. - I remember when the younger kids and I were Christmas shopping at Toys R Us at the same time the Marines were there collecting toys for their Toys for Tots program. Several of them were in their dress uniforms. The kids and I couldn't shop, we just stood there watching them.

2. The kids want to jump on and wrestle with every adult male they meet. (Luckily, I'm a little more restrained).

3. You can't get to sleep because the house is too quiet after the kids are in bed.

4. You check e-mail several times a day.

5. You become so unused to attention that holding comversations with other adults makes you giddy and you sound like a total goof.

6. The kids' arguments make sense.

7. The phrase "Go talk to your father" is automatically paired with a gesture toward the computer.

8. You look forward to going off and on post for the conversation with the gate guards. (at least they are adults).

9. You check e-mail several times a day.

10. You start to wonder where your life has gone, if you'll ever get it back, and if anyone but you would notice.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

This is so great Lisa. I love it! Especially when "go talk to your father" automatically means go to the computer. I'm so proud of you, 2 more days until 344 days. That's incredible. I also like the part where fortunately you don't jump on every adult male you meet. :-) You are the most wonderful woman Lisa, and I miss you. I'm so happy to hear that you have a great ward there and that they are taking care of you. You know we would do the same. We love you and your family. Thank you for the fun blogs. Hang in there, you're in the home stretch now. Love, Brooke

yamsey said...

he he he he sigh.