Friday, September 7, 2007

Catching up with my reading

Thought I'd spend a few minutes listing some of the books I've read most recently, as a continuation to the Bookworm post of a few months ago.

Books for Adults:

A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini, author of Kite Runner. Kite Runner was a little too graphic for me. I liked Suns better. Still heartbreaking, but hopeful.

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte. A classic!

The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde. Very imaginative, and it was helpful that I had recently read Jane Eyre. That helped me follow the plot a bit better.

Eat to Stay Young - Catherine Christie and Susan Mitchell - both Ph.D./R.D. ok read.

YA Books

The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien - we listened to this on tape as we travelled this summer. Some scary parts, but still a classic.

Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer, the third in the Twilight trilogy, it's as great as the first two.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling. Book 7. We even went to the bookstore at midnight and stood in unearthly long lines to pick it up.

No Talking - Andrew Clements. Been looking at his books for my oldest son, but this was the first of his that I read. Great book!

The Thief Lord - Cornelia Funke. Loved this book! I started another book by this author - Inkheart.

Surviving the Applewhites (or something like that) a loaner from my sister that I already returned.

That may not be a complete list, but it does include the stand-outs. Have a good day!

1 comment:

yamsey said...

Thanks for the list. I will have to check out some of these books. I read Inkheart and enjoyed it. Its not Twilight but it is good. =)